News tagged with "scientists"
- Scientists find toxic traces of new freons in Arctic iceAdministrator • 2020-05-14 21:26:14Canadian scientists have found that toxic compounds of fluorine and organic acids used instead of freon have been piling up in Arctic ice for several decades, TASS reported, quoted by BTA.
- British scientists tackle COVID-19 genetic mysteryAdministrator • 2020-05-14 00:09:25British scientists will examine the genes of thousands of COVID-19 patients in a bid to unravel one of the strangest features of the new coronavirus - why it kills some people and in others it doesn't cause even a slight headache, Reuters reported.
- Harvard scientists found way to fight incurable cancerAdministrator • 2020-05-01 20:55:02Harvard University scientists created and tested on mice microparticles that allow the immune system to effectively fight tumor cells, according to a report published on the university's website, Nova TV reports.
- Scientists uncovered secrets of 200m-year-old dinosaur eggs with X-raysAdministrator • 2020-04-10 23:53:41Scientists were able, using X-rays, to unravel the secrets of 200-million-year-old dinosaur eggs, France Press and BTA reported.
- Scientists discovered how to calculate the age of the world's largest fishAdministrator • 2020-04-10 01:26:27Whale sharks - the largest fish in the world with a key role in ecotourism - have their secrets. One of them is how long they live. Now scientists report that they have discovered how to calculate their age, thanks to Cold War-era atomic bomb tests, Reuters reported.
- Scientists came across an ancient 'collective' organismAdministrator • 2020-03-07 21:38:50Scientists at the universities of Cambridge and Oxford found that some of the first animals on Earth were connected to each other by threads that allowed them to exchange nutrients and swap signals, Fiz.org reported, quoted by BTA.
- Scientists found why dogs' noses are so coldAdministrator • 2020-03-05 15:19:12Scientists believe they have solved the mystery surrounding the low temperature of dogs' noses, Sky News reports.
- Scientists: The fate of humanity is linked to that of insectsAdministrator • 2020-03-04 21:15:31The fates of humans and insects are interconnected, scientists say, and warn that the huge decline in populations of some insects are just the “tip of the iceberg,” reported in. The Guardian.
The 2002 NN4 asteroid flies off Earth. Is there a danger?
Administrator • 2020-06-03 02:06:20
Implant may eliminate the need for insulin injections in diabetics
Administrator • 2020-06-03 01:19:44
40% of Chinese parents: Children are addicted to mobile devices
Administrator • 2020-06-03 00:43:04