News tagged with "ocean"
- Ocean on Jupiter moon Europa may have been habitable in the pastAdministrator • 2020-06-25 19:55:48Scientists have figured out how the ocean formed beneath the surface of Jupiter moon Europa and believe this vast expanse of water may have sustained microbial life in the past, Reuters reported.
- Specialists mapped 1/5 of the ocean floorAdministrator • 2020-06-21 21:34:30Plans to map the entire ocean floor by 2030 are being implemented despite challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic, with a fifth of it covered so far, Reuters reported.
- Scientists filmed octopus 7km deep in Indian Ocean (Video)Administrator • 2020-05-29 22:39:43Scientists filmed an octopus at the largest known depth so far - 7km away in the Javan Trench of the Indian Ocean, the BBC reported.
- The warming of the ocean depths threatens marine lifeAdministrator • 2020-05-26 21:02:30At greater depth, the world's oceans are warming at a slower but more dramatic rate than on the surface, signaling grim prospects for deep-sea dwellers, DPA reported, citing a study published in the journal. “Nature Clymite Change.”
- The asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs enriched the ocean with metalsAdministrator • 2020-03-01 07:00:06A layer of ocean clay, having an age of 66 million years, is enriched with so-called halcophylic elements. At the time, an asteroid collides with Earth, which most Japanese scientists say triggered one of the most mass extinctions, resulting in dinosaurs disappearing from the face of the Earth.
Bacteria have an internal clock
Administrator • 2021-01-16 19:39:40
NASA specialists have admitted we may be alone in the universe
Administrator • 2021-01-16 02:48:36
They grafted two arms and two arms to a man in France
Administrator • 2021-01-16 00:24:51