News tagged with "covid"
- Scientists will return to the only continent without COVID-19 - AntarcticaAdministrator • 2020-08-06 21:37:28To keep the continent safe from COVID-19, scientists heading to Antarctica will first be quarantined in New Zealand, DPA reported, citing the country's government.
- Smoking increases risk of severe form of COVID-19 for youngstersAdministrator • 2020-07-16 20:20:02Almost a third of youngsters in the US appear to be threatened by a severe form of Covid-19, with the biggest risk factor being smoking, Reuters reported, quoted by BTA.
- Final! British scientists: Hydroxychloroquine does not cure COVID-19Administrator • 2020-07-16 19:16:59British scientists published the preliminary results of the first comprehensive clinical trials with the use of the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of COVID-19, the MedrXIV e-library reports.
- Greek scientists: We will soon create new cheaper COVID-19 testAdministrator • 2020-07-10 20:43:44Scientists in Greece say they are close to creating a molecular test to establish the COVID-19 virus that will provide a cheaper alternative to imported test kits as well as continuous access to supplies, Reuters reported.
- WHO called scientific breakthrough the British study to treat COVID with the steroid dexamethasoneAdministrator • 2020-06-17 21:55:08The World Health Organisation (WHO) hailed as a “scientific breakthrough” preliminary results from a British clinical trial suggesting administration of the steroid dexamethasone reduces mortality in patients with severe form of Covid-19 disease caused by the new coronavirus, report world agencies.
- British scientists tackle COVID-19 genetic mysteryAdministrator • 2020-05-14 00:09:25British scientists will examine the genes of thousands of COVID-19 patients in a bid to unravel one of the strangest features of the new coronavirus - why it kills some people and in others it doesn't cause even a slight headache, Reuters reported.
- WHO believes it has come to some breakthroughs in developing a drug for COVID-19Administrator • 2020-05-13 21:37:42The World Health Organization (WHO) said some treatments appeared to reduce complications under the new COVID-19 and had already focused its efforts on learning more information about four or five of the most promising of them, Reuters reports.
- Calculator predicts what is the probability of resting from COVID-19Administrator • 2020-05-11 19:54:43Polish specialists from the Pomorie Science and Technology Park have developed a calculator that predicts the probability of dying from COVID-19, reports the RIA Novosti site.
Geomagnetic storm hits Bulgaria
Administrator • 2020-09-29 02:55:24
Italian scientists discovered salt lakes beneath glaciers on Mars
Administrator • 2020-09-28 19:30:34
The radiation on the moon is dangerously high
Administrator • 2020-09-26 20:41:39