News tagged with "asteroid"
- NASA: No danger of collision with Apophis asteroid in near hundred years (Video)Administrator • 2021-03-27 19:31:59NASA reassured that in the next hundred years there is no danger of Earth's collision with the asteroid Apophis, the Associated Press reported.
- Largest for 2021 asteroid passed near EarthAdministrator • 2021-03-22 21:02:24The largest asteroid passing off Earth in 2021 approached on Sunday to our planet about 2 million kilometres away, France Press reported, citing NASA.
- Largest for 2021 asteroid to pass near Earth next weekAdministrator • 2021-03-12 19:32:54The largest asteroid to pass off Earth in 2021 will approach our planet about 2 million kilometres on March 21, France Press reported, citing NASA.
- Astrophysicist: Asteroid could fall to Earth a day before US electionAdministrator • 2020-10-19 20:57:58An asteroid the size of a huge refrigerator could fall to Earth one day before the US presidential election, claims US astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
- Earth and moon were subject to asteroid 'bombardment' 800 million years agoAdministrator • 2020-07-23 23:15:09Large craters on the surface of our natural satellite testify that 800 million years ago the Earth-Moon system became the subject of a powerful asteroid “bombardment,” UPI reported, citing a magazine publication. Nature Communications.
- The 2002 NN4 asteroid flies off Earth. Is there a danger?Administrator • 2020-06-03 02:06:20A potentially dangerous asteroid with the number 2002 NN4 measuring between 250 and 570 meters will fly in a few days close to Earth, NASA said.
- NASA warned of approaching Earth asteroidAdministrator • 2020-06-02 23:33:47An asteroid of the “potentially dangerous” category will approach Earth on June 6, TASS reported, citing a NASA announcement.
- The asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs fell at the deadliest possible angleAdministrator • 2020-05-26 19:56:11Excavations at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico have helped geologists establish that the giant asteroid that destroyed flora and fauna during the Mesozoic era fell to Earth at a very large angle, which is why the consequences of the collision were apocalyptic, according to the newspaper. Nature Communications.”
The hottest year is likely to be between 2021-2025.
Administrator • 2021-05-27 21:04:54
Global warming critical point could be reached temporarily as early as next five years
Administrator • 2021-05-27 20:00:56
Microsoft promises biggest in 10 years Windows update
Administrator • 2021-05-26 23:39:03