- Macaques infected with the coronavirus have the same symptoms as humansAdministrator • 2020-03-23 20:55:55American scientists found that infection with the new coronavirus causes rhesus macaques the same symptoms of Covid-19 disease as in humans, TASS and BTA reported. This makes it possible for primates to be used for testing vaccines and drugs.
- The Natural History Museum of BAS has examined fish in Antarctica for the first timeAdministrator • 2020-03-23 19:37:09Fields research on the project “Ichthyological surveys in the coastal sea waters in the region of the Bulgarian polar base on Livingston Island” of the National Museum of Natural History of BAS (NMM-BAN/) were carried out within the 28th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition.
- What are Earth-like planets actually?Administrator • 2020-03-22 21:26:30The recently discovered Proxima Centauri b is an exoplanet on which there could be life.
- Geologists discover extinct fragment of ancient continent in Canadian NorthAdministrator • 2020-03-22 20:18:40By reviewing samples from Baffin Land to look for a diamond sting, Canadian geologists came across an unfamiliar remnant of the North Atlantic craton - an ancient part of Earth's continental crust, Fiz.org reported.
- Scientists found out how to keep active working memoryAdministrator • 2020-03-22 19:32:21Researchers at Yale discovered a molecule that helps neurons maintain information in working memory, the Medical Express reported.
- The US has a hypersonic weaponAdministrator • 2020-03-20 19:46:25The US military has announced it has carried out a successful test of a prototype hypersonic missile that it hopes within five years to introduce on armaments to compete similar weapons developed by Russia and China, AFP reported.
- Russian scientists have sequenced the entire genome of the coronavirusAdministrator • 2020-03-19 21:35:44Russia's Health Ministry announced Thursday that Russian scientists have sequenced the entire genome of the coronavirus, BNR reports.
- The first flight with people on the ship “Dragon” to the ISS will be in MayAdministrator • 2020-03-19 20:20:17The launch of the Space X Company's manned Dragon capsule with astronauts to the International Space Station is scheduled for “mid-to-late May,” AFP reported, citing NASA.