- NASA funds giant radio telescope project on the reverse side of the moonAdministrator • 2020-04-23 00:52:57NASA will fund a study to create a giant radio telescope on the reverse side of the moon.
- Who: Proven by WHO - the origin of COVID-19 is animal, not from laboratoryAdministrator • 2020-04-22 23:33:48All available data suggest that bats from China are the source of the Sars-Cov-2 coronavirus, Reuters reported what was said by a World Health Organization (WHO) spokesman at a news conference on Tuesday, Reuters reported, quoted by Czech news site Lidovky.cz. The virus is of animal origin and has not been modified or produced in the laboratory or elsewhere, but it is not yet clear how it crossed the species line, i.e. from animal to human. However, it is clear that the role of mediator besides bats is played by other host animals. In the past, it was believed that these were pangolins.
- Chinese research ship sails on expedition in PacificAdministrator • 2020-04-18 23:33:20China's oceanographic research ship “Xianyanghun-6" has sailed to the western Pacific Ocean from the port of Shandong Province for a 75-day expedition, Radio China reports.
- Melting glaciers in Norway reveal Vikings mountain passAdministrator • 2020-04-18 20:46:25Melting glaciers in Norway have revealed an ancient mountain pass in which various belongings used by the Vikings were found, reported in. The Daily Mail.
- Israeli scientists convert simple breathing device into respiratorsAdministrator • 2020-04-17 21:15:28As the number of coronavirus cases continues to grow, Israel's Health Ministry has commissioned 1,000 modern monitors developed by the military that will help turn simple breathing regulation devices into respirators, reported in. “Jerusalem Post.”
- Specialists discovered a gene of immortality in plantsAdministrator • 2020-04-17 01:19:55Scientists at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands have discovered a gene that allows annual plants to continue to grow after their flowering rather than die, reports the Journal. “Nature Plants,” the BTA quoted.
- The European telescope “Cheops” began to explore ExoplanetsAdministrator • 2020-04-16 22:53:20The European Cheops Orbital Telescope for Exoplanet Research has begun its scientific work after the instrument calibration and testing period, the BBC reported.
- Flamingo birds can strongly love and strongly hateAdministrator • 2020-04-15 20:20:26Flamingos birds can shape friendships for life and avoid specimens they don't get along with, a study cited by c found. “Daily Mail” and BTA.